Saturday, June 2, 2012

“Sun is shining. Weather is sweet. Make you wanna move your dancing feet.” Bob Marley

I have had some interesting developments since I last posted!

First, I joined a local gym! I have lost 9 lbs and I plan to lose A LOT more. I officially started May 14, 2012 so Monday will be 3 weeks. I am happy with the results so far and am no longer as tired as I once was! I plan to lose about 40 pounds by the end of summer- that is about 14 weeks. I think it is reasonable and challenging at the same time!
I have set some small goals to keep me going:
-When I lose 10 pounds I am going to get a manicure and pedicure, maybe get my eyebrows done too!
-When I lose 20 pounds I am going to get my hair done! I need it and it will help me feel pretty! So why not!
-When I lose 30 pounds I am going to buy me a few summer dresses!

When I accomplish those goals I will pick new ones and keep going from there! I am excited for this new beginning. I am also using an app on my phone it's by www.myfitnesspal.com. This is an amazing app. I put in my food intake and it calculates how many calories I take in. When I exercise it subtracts calories. It allows me to add how much water I drink, etc. It keeps up with the weight I have lost too! I can also add friends who are partaking in this journey with me. It makes it fun! Check out the website and add me, my name is kkarnes19. :-D

I was told in the beginning of May that I wasn't going to be needed for summer school but last week they told me that they had a position for me! I gladly accepted. It is only 3 days a week from 8-12 but it is a start. I must have some friends in "high places" praying for me. I know I do! I am so excited. Keep em coming! I would love a teaching job starting in August! I have big ideas for my own classroom! :-) I know God has a plan and I intend on following it!

That is about it for now! I will post more as things happen! I plan on spending as much time at the beach as possible!! I want to get tan!! :-)

Here is an article that motivated me! This is an amazing man! http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/man-loses-370-pounds-old-fashioned-way-reclaims-100129123--abc-news-health.html

No comments:

Post a Comment