Sunday, July 21, 2013

Praise Him in the Middle of it!

There is a song called "In the Middle of it" by Isaac Carree that got me through this week! I listened to it at least 20-30 times. I made sure I listened to it first thing in the morning when I was getting ready for work, when I was feeling down, when I felt like things weren't going my way, or when I was just feeling discouraged. This song helped A LOT!! Not only is the message positive but it is upbeat! Bonus: The guy is from North Carolina! :-)

I even branched out and asked some friends, that I know listen to the same kind of music I do, for some recommendations on gospel and christian rock music. I got several names and have listened to a few and really like most of them!! I look forward to continuing finding GREAT music! I feel that it is important for me to surround myself with His word or else it will be easy for me to walk away from it again!

I started reading a Daily Devotional on my phone. I like it because it gives me a short Bible verse and then explains it in a way that I can understand it, with REAL world issues. It gives me a shot of God. I like to read it before I even get out of bed in the morning. It does wonders for my day! I was talking to one of my friends (one of whom I got the great music advice from) and she reads a daily devotional book by a lady named Sarah Young. I will be buying that book on Friday so we can do it together. I like the short, fast one on my phone but I really want to spend time learning the word too. And my friend says this devotional book is really good!! Can't wait!

Some important lessons I've learned this week:
  • "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness. So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me." 2 Corinthians 12:8-9 This has helped me get through the week. I feel this goes along with my Trials and Tribulations post from last week because I KNOW God is working on His relationship with me and that is why I am going through these struggles. I am having these moments of weakness so that I will use God's grace to get through while praising Him to help me strengthen my faith in Him.
  • "Teach me your ways, O Lord, that I may live according to your truth! Grant me purity of heart, so that I may honor you." Psalm 86:11 The best way to learn the ways of the Lord is by reading the Bible to see examples from the past and understanding Jesus' words. We also learn through listening to other believers who follow Christ. The final way we learn is when we honestly seek God. He will reveal His will through our thoughts and convictions. While we learn His way we will still struggle but it will help to pray: "Lord, please grant me purity of heart, so that I may honor you."
  • "And don't sin by letting anger control you. Don't let the sun go down while you are still angry, for anger gives a foothold to the devil." Ephesians 4:26-27 Ohhhh, this one is a HUGE one for me!! It is SO easy for anger to get the best of us!! And how many of us go to bed mad? Or leave mad? It is okay to walk away from a situation when you are upset, but only for a short time- to cool off. You must go back and give forgiveness or else you are allowing the devil to dwell inside you. Anger can deteriorate your relationships... anger turns into resentment and irritability which will kill any relationship. God provides peace, grace and forgiveness. 
I have been enjoying talking with my friends and family about their faith and their journeys. I have enjoyed all their input and the help they've given me with my journey (that is still going on). I look forward to where I can go and what I can do with God by my side.

P.S. Still no word on teaching jobs. I have applied to several more in the last week, emailed principals AND dropped off resumes. No Luck. Please say a prayer for me to get a GREAT teaching job where I will be the MOST useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment