Tuesday, April 12, 2011

UPDATE...

So... I have not died. I am very much alive. I started this a few years ago and forgot about it... Here I am again... starting over. Well, since my last post a lot has changed....
1. Circuit City has closed.
2. I finished my certification in Elementary Education.
3. I found a job in teaching. ESL- Not my favorite job BUT a job nonetheless.
4. I am engaged now. :-D
5. Dustin and I are planning to move to Fort Walton Beach, Florida.

That is it in a nutshell. I cannot say that I miss working at Circuit City even though it holds 6 years on my resume. Miss the people, NOT the place. I am proud to be a teacher. I love teaching in fact, I even love teaching ESL, and however, I hate the whole NOT having a classroom thing. I have also realized by teaching ESL that I love the high school level. That being said I will probably be looking into getting my License in Secondary English... (Teaching High School English).

I knew coming into the year 2011 that this was going to be my year. I plan on owning it. Life is all about being the best YOU! That is what I am going to do. I am coming up on the end of my first year teaching. It has been such a learning experience but I am excited to see what the next few years bring and PRAY that I can find a job in Florida. I made a personal goal to see how many books I could read by the end of the year. Right now I am at 24 books. I don't have A LOT of time for reading but I drive more than an average person in society and I am in the boonies so the only thing left for me to do is audio books. That is how I get the majority of my reading done. I hope to be in the process of moving to Florida by July, which is another goal I am setting for myself. The whole wedding planning thing is still up in the air. I am not sure what we are going to do yet. Guess we will play that by ear... if nothing happens by December of this year then I am aiming for July 2012.

I am excited for the upcoming events and CANNOT wait for what the future holds....

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment