Monday, April 18, 2011

"Don't be embarrassed of who you are, they're gonna judge you no matter what you do." — Melina Kanakaredes


"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

Everyone has been in a situation where they do not "fit in" with the "it" crowd. Children go through it growing up, teens in high school and to me, in college, it didn't seem to be a HUGE issue. But even as an adult there are these same issues where people don't "fit in" and whether one admits it or not... it still hurts.
Now, I know that as you grow up it gets easier and you don't let yourself get affected by it as much. But I want to point out some things to y'all. I am a single girl (unmarried) and I have no kids, however, I would still like to be asked to hang out if you go to the park and then lunch with friends who also have kids. Just because I am not married and do not have kids does not mean I can not relate nor does it mean that I do not want to hang out just because there will be kids there. Just because I do not have a child of my own does not mean I do not understand you. Basically, what I am saying is; If you have a child and/or are married DO NOT ignore your single friends. We want to hang out to.
On to another thing that irks me... I hate when people ignore me. (I am talking about friends and even my family.) If I text, call, email, Facebook, etc. you and you don't respond after a certain number of times I will get the hint. But you cannot think that I am going to forget (easily) all the failed attempts when I tried to communicate with you. The audacity of some people calling for favors after I have been trying to get a hold of you for months just to talk, hang out or check in with you! (Not to ask you for anything) But me, being me, WAY too nice always offer the helping hand. That is not the only reason I keep doing those nice things.... In the Bible it says, "If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins." Matthew 6:14-15
And also in Luke 6:35-36. "But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful."
People, you have to know that when you burn your bridges there is a chance you will get stuck on the island. You have to think about what's REALLY going on. Remember to treat people the way YOU want to be treated. It is not fair to expect someone to go over and beyond for you when you constantly refuse to meet them in the middle.
I want to finish out saying that I am grateful for the few close friends I have, I love and appreciate them dearly. They know who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment